Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why don't more churches do that??

I have been working this week at our church VBS (vacation bible school). Some of the workers (my new buddies) were telling me about visitors they brought this past weekend. Well, our church had a guest speaker. His gift was healing. Our church prays in tongues regularly, and when we pray for each other, sometimes people fall out in the Spirit.

These new people commented to my friend about why don't more churches do this? She gave her answer, mostly they were afraid. I told her it is because people don't want to fully give their life to Christ...if they do, He will want something from them. When you completely surrender to God, He has work for you to do. He wants you to love people, and tell them about Him. He wants you to minister and give of yourself. Most people are happy with the status quo.

There is a new song out on the radio by Matthew West..the chorus goes like this:

I don't wanna go thru the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without your all consuming passion inside of me.
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going thru the motions?"

We all need to ask ourselves that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, I think some people don't know what falling out in the Spirit mean. Some people think falling out in the Spirit is God or Pastor pushing you down and when they don't feel something they just stand there. They don't see it as surrendering to the will of God.

    ReplyDelete